Hope for New York
Hope for New York is Redeemer’s partner for mercy and justice outreach to the city. HFNY provides volunteer and financial resources to more than 50 non-profit organizations serving poor or marginalized populations in New York City.
One of our callings at Redeemer Lincoln Square is to love and serve our neighbors, which is why we partner with Hope for New York.
As a church, we are coming alongside immigrants, the incarcerated, women and families in crisis, homeless men and women, and communities in need by partnering with specific affiliates serving these populations.
There are many ways you can get started:
- COVID-19 RESOURCES: Visit hfny.org/covid19 to learn more about how to pray, serve and give.
- Use our volunteer filter to search for opportunities by date, neighborhood, population served, and activity.
- See our urgent volunteer needs to find out where you’re needed most this week or this month.
- Contact our HFNY at [email protected].
Also, after talking further with Hope for New York, we've identified seven affiliates that we're committing to regularly praying for and supporting. They include:
- Avail NYC provides free, confidential care and resources for men and women making a decision about an unexpected pregnancy or seeking support after an abortion experience.
- Open Hands Legal Services is a Christian non-profit organization that provides free legal aid, advocacy, and spiritual support to the poor and disenfranchised of New York City.
- Prison Fellowship works to bring hope and restoration to prisoners, families and communities impacted by crime and incarceration.
- Safe Families for Children creates extended family-like support for families in crisis through a community of compassionate volunteers.
- St. Paul's House offers food programs as well as job training, transitional housing, and discipleship programs to men who are experiencing homelessness or addiction issues.
- The Bowery Mission is a faith-based program that offers compassionate care such as food, shelter, clothing, showers, and chapel services for homeless and hungry men, women, and children.
- The Open Door empowers immigrants to reach their full God-given potential to successfully integrate, participate and contribute to the well-being of our society.