LSQ Kids and Families
Due to changes at Ethical Culture, we have to temporarily suspend our in-person programming for those 0-4 years old. While we work with Ethical Culture to determine alternative solutions, they have made rooms available on the 5th floor for nursing mothers and for parents to take children if they become restless during the worship service.
Note: These rooms will be unstaffed. If you have questions about how to access them, please ask an usher or Sunday Ops team member.
We seek to be a safe and fun place for all children to be known, valued and equipped with foundational gospel knowledge to prepare them for a lifetime of worship and missional-living in New York City.
We desire that each child:
- Experiences the beauty of the gospel of Jesus Christ
- Cares for the needs of their neighbors and city
- Values worship, prayer, and Scripture
- Feels valued as a member of the LSQ community
We desire that each parent:
- Serves as the primary disciple-maker(s) of their children
- Feels supported and encouraged by the LSQ community
- Volunteers with LSQ Kids regularly for relational and communal growth
Welcome to LSQ Kids! We are a community of children, parents, and volunteers who love God and each other. If you have questions about how to plan your visit and register your kids, please email [email protected].
Serve with LSQ Kids
As we continue to resume in-person Sunday programming for our LSQ Kids, we need your help. Please prayerfully consider serving once a month.
Why volunteer with the Children’s Ministry?
- Invested: Children are the next generation of influencers for Christ in New York and around the world.
- Called: God has given each of us talents to share with others. This is a great place to share your gifts.
- Equipped: Whether you come with training or receive training as you serve with us, your skills and experience will affect families of Redeemer each week.
- Needed: The number of children who attend Redeemer has doubled in the last few years. We need you!
- Community: Your investment in the lives of families and fellow volunteers at Redeemer allows for deeper community. One parent expressed how the community of Children’s Ministry volunteers helps their family stay in the city.
Sign up to serve with LSQ Kids
To sign up to serve with LSQ Kids, email Gabi Simmons at [email protected]
Expectations we have for our volunteers
- Completion of the application process.
- Teams: Once you join LSQ Kids, you are placed on a team. This is to build deeper community with your teammates and with the children.
- Nursery parents are asked to volunteer a minimum of three times a year.
- We count on you. Promptness and appropriate preparation are required.
- Adherence to all LSQ Kids policies.
What you can expect from us
- Fellowship and community with other volunteers and Redeemer families.
- Service and training opportunities.
- Prayer from Redeemer’s Prayer Team for your volunteer team.
- Most importantly: joy in knowing you are impacting the lives of children for all eternity!